Call for papers – IAML Vienna 2013 (28 July - 2 August)
Deadline: 15 November 2012
The International Association of Music Libraries, Archives, and Documentation Centres (IAML) will hold its annual conference 28 July - 2 August 2013 in Vienna
The Programme Committee
encourages proposals for papers or presentations on subjects related to music, collections, or library issues. This year there will be a focus on Austrian libraries and collections, music, and publishers but presentations of a more general nature are also welcome. Papers that focus on popular or traditional music of all genres and periods and their impact on libraries are strongly encouraged.
Please note that:
- Presenters of papers should preferably be members of IAML but this is not essential.
- All proposals will be subject to the selection process of the IAML Programme Committee.
- Submission of a proposal does not guarantee that a paper will be accepted.
- There is no provision for payment to speakers.
- If a proposal is accepted, the presenter will be expected to participate in the conference or to make alternative arrangements for the paper's presentation that are acceptable to the Programme Committee.
- Papers generally occupy a 30 minute time slot so should not exceed 20-25 minutes in length to allow time for questions.
- Papers may be presented in any one of the official IAML languages: English, French or German.
The deadline for submission of proposals for the Vienna 2013 Conference
is 15 November 2012.
The online submission form for proposals may be found at the following link:
Call for posters – IAML Vienna 2013 (28 July – 2 August)
Deadline: 15 November 2012
The IAML Programme Committee
is now calling for applications for poster presentations. Poster sessions place an expert on a given topic directly in front of conference attendees, many of whom will find great value in the ability to speak with the presenter. There is no limit to the range of subjects that can be presented as a poster, and any topic can be arranged and displayed in a visually interesting manner. Such sessions provide an opportunity for members of the Association to share their work in an informal setting. Younger members are especially encouraged to apply.
Presentations will be considered that fit one of these broad categories:
- Recently completed research
- New and innovative library or music library projects
- Imaginative, systematic efforts at resolving library or music library problems
Parameters for Presentation:
Poster sessions will convey the subject using a combination of graphics and narrative text attached to a poster board together with relevant handouts. Applications requiring an internet connection are not encouraged since data connections might not be available. Printed copies of the abstract must be made available by the presenter for those viewing the session. A table for handouts, business cards, and sign-up sheets will be provided if required. The presenter(s) must be in attendance throughout the designated time to answer questions and elaborate on the presentation topic.
Guidelines for Submission:
Entries by an individual or group must be submitted using this form. Submissions will be evaluated by the IAML Programme Committee, which will sponsor the event. Criteria for selection will include quality, innovation, and suitability to the Poster Session format. There will be 16 slots available scheduled over two or three days. Those interested in submitting a proposal are encouraged to be original, thorough, and early in their applications. Authors of the selected Poster Sessions will receive detailed guidelines concerning effective preparation and presentation and relevant dimensions.
The deadline for proposals for the Vienna 2013 Conference is 15 November 2012.
Please use the following URL to submit your proposal: www.iaml.info/activities/conferences/call_for_poster_sessions
Chair, IAML Programme Committee